The Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s annual iXchange had a bittersweet tone this year.
Held virtually on Wednesday, the organization said goodbye to retiring President and CEO Chad Paul by dedicating a large meeting and conference room, renaming an innovation award and naming a private street.
More than 330 registered for the event which also included a welcome to new leader Angelo Valletta and the presentation of six innovation awards to early-stage technology companies, established manufacturers and individuals who have helped Ben Franklin to advance the technology economy of northeastern Pennsylvania.
One of the award winners was SOLO Laboratories Inc., Kutztown, which earned the Innovated Application of Technology Award.
The company, which manufactures custom orthotics, was represented by CEO Lindsay Sokol Szejko; Jonathan Naugle, owner, R&D engineer; and Jaimyn Sokol Westenhoefer, owner, president.
Other award winners were:
- Entrepreneurial Achievement Award — OPTiMO, Bloomsburg.
- The R. Chadwick Paul, Jr. Incubator Graduate Award — ChannelApe, Scranton.
- Product Innovation Award — Signallamp Health, Inc., Scranton.
- Manufacturing Achievement Award — Effort Foundry Inc., Bath, Northampton County.
- The Frederick J. Beste III Partnership Award — Eugene A. Lucadamo, director of industry research engagement, retired, Lehigh University, Bethlehem.
The iXchange video is posted online at www.nep.benfranklin.org.