Director: Technology and Infrastructure – Plastics Sustainability
IHS Markit is seeking a Director, Technology and Infrastructure who will be responsible for global analysis and coverage of the technology and infrastructure drivers for plastics transition to circularity.
OMDC brings together unrivalled expertise in oil markets, refined products and chemicals to provide information and insight products that critically inform the strategic investment and operational decisions made by both industry and the financial sector. Our offerings include crucial price benchmarks, comprehensive asset databases, short and long-term market forecasts, analysis of industry dynamics and company strategies and tools to enable comparison and benchmarking of operational efficiency and production.
Lead the technology component of the plastics sustainability platform.
- Lead the analysis and insight for linear and circular technology processes including granular views on technology assessments and ranking.
- Lead analysis of mechanical and chemical recycling technology providers including detailed process profiles and project assessments.
- Lead development of models and technical insight for process economics and carbon emissions analyses for various linear and circular production of plastics.
- Lead the development of models and technical insight for process economics and carbon emissions of competing processes to plastics – metal, paper, glass.
- Identify technology disruptors.
- Develop understanding of the technologies for collection and sorting aspects of plastics waste and implications from advancements in IND 4.0.
- Develop and leverage intra-company expertise and content to support platform deliverables.
- Regular travel to visit existing clients and cultivate relationships with potential clients.
Technical and commercial experience in the petrochemical industry which could include:
- A thorough understanding of the mechanical and chemical recycling processes and technologies, and the key commercial drivers within the marketplace.
- A robust knowledge of technology providers and integrated base chemical producers, plastics markets and stakeholders.
- A robust network of established technical and commercial contacts in the plastics and recycling industries.
- Must be computer literate and conversant with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The preferred location is the IHS Markit office in Houston and the candidate must be willing to travel globally as necessary.
- Advanced degree in chemical engineering preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- 10+ years’ relevant experience preferred.
- Experience with various chemical process technologies, technology analysis and valuations and a proven ability to quickly gain an applied understanding of a new industry area, including waste management.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical content.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Familiarity with the use of analytical tools such as databases, spreadsheets, process documenting and business intelligence applications.
- Ideal candidate has experience/knowledge of data visualization applications, data analysis and data modelling.
- Someone who is keen to pursue a career in the transition of plastics to a circular model.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working with multiple stakeholders across different levels of the business and using multiple in-house systems.
- A proven ability to manage and make progress on multiple initiatives running in parallel, prioritizing and leveraging strong organizational and project management skills.
- Must be highly motivated able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment.
- The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong investigative ability and curiosity to understand and solve problems and data issues.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to achieve set deadlines and with a high attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral) and strong strategic thinking. Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is an advantage.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.