Sr. Equity Analyst Technology
The Ameriprise Investment Research Group seeks a Senior Equity Research Analyst to provide coverage of the Technology and Communication Services sectors. An Ameriprise equity analyst provides original research and value-added insights to the company’s network of more than 9,000 Financial Advisors. Analysts regularly provide equity recommendations from a Recommended List of 18-20 domestic stocks, supporting these recommendations with daily actionable ideas, quarterly Company Notes, and proprietary Sector Insight reports. The Tech/Comm Svcs analyst will also produce equity recommendations for in-house Model Portfolios while assisting in managing these portfolios, which are widely used by Ameriprise’s Financial Advisors. The Director of Equity Research benchmarks the Tech/Comm Svcs Analyst’s performance against a blended benchmark of well-established indices.
* Make proprietary investment recommendations and manage a sector Recommended List of 18-20 equities for Advisor and client use.
* Author insightful and timely company-specific and thematic daily commentaries and reports that showcase sector expertise and insight, providing opinions and action-oriented ideas for Advisors and clients.
* Respond to Advisor and client questions and requests regarding industry and company trends and events.
* Work and collaborate with other Ameriprise research analysts, provide peer review of team research notes and reports as requested.
* Participate as a team member responsible for managing domestic equity models, acting as the senior Technology and Communications Services subject matter expert.
* May include presentations at company-sponsored client events with detailed knowledge of the Tech/Comm Services industries and particular companies.
* Maintain detailed records for analyzing company and industry data, including charts, graphs, trend analysis, etc. Preserve due diligence files as appropriate and required.
* Perform special projects as required.
* 5+ years experience covering Technology sector equities.
* Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Investment-related field.
* Advanced financial training, including at least five years of practical experience valuing companies using various methods (e.g., discounted cash flow, etc.).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the proper use of grammar, composition, and sentence structure.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently convey investment recommendations to all levels of Advisors and clients through written reports and commentary.
* Aptitude for identifying and analyzing valuable trends impacting the Technology sector; maintain an extensive knowledge base and understanding of the sector.
* Willing to establish strong, positive business relationships working collaboratively and cross-organizationally.
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible, open to others opinions and adaptive to change.
* Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple initiatives.
* Attention to detail with demonstrated respect for accuracy and commitment to a high level of personal accountability.
* FINRA Series 7, Series 16 and Series 86/87 registrations or the ability to obtain within 120 days
* State securities agent registration (S63 or S66) or ability to obtain within 120 days
* If more than one license or registration is required, will have the ability for additional time per policy.
* Three-years plus of experience working in Communications Services sector.
* Masters/advanced degree.
* Demonstrated ability to think creatively and thoughtfully challenge convention.
* Experience successfully developing proprietary investment projects and products.
CFA Charter holder, CFA candidate or other professional financial designation(s) – or desire to pursue the same.
* Buy-side or Sell-side equity research investment experience.