The attendees of the National Farm Machinery Show got to see the new Trimble Weed Seeker 2 Spot Sprayer and GFX-350 working in action.
The Trimble GFX-350 is the latest Android -based, easy-to-use display from Trimble Agriculture. This cost-effective solution offers great functionality and a simplified installation process, providing access to autosteering and application control for every farm. This is a great option for any farmer trying to ease their way into auto steer technology.
The Trimble GFX-350 includes:
- 7′′ high-definition color touch-screen display
- Android-based operating system
- Rugged construction for everyday field use
- Compatible with NAV-500 and NAV-900 guidance controllers
- ISOBUS task controller and universal terminal
- Control up to 2 channels and 24 sections
Also new to Trimble is their NAV-900 Guidance Controller, which can be paired with the GFX-350 or any of the GFX series displays. The NAV-900 is designed to mount on the roof of most agricultural vehicles to provide positioning and guidance, including autosteer. This allows for a cleaner cab with less wires compared to other options.
Weed Seeker 2 Spot Spray
The WeedSeeker system detects and eliminates resistant weeds using advanced optics and processing power. When a weed passes underneath the sensor it signals its linked spray nozzle to precisely deliver herbicide and kill the weed, reducing the amount of chemical applied by up to 90%.
“The benefit from the new Weed Seeker compared to the old one is that the new one recognizes yellow and brown — the old one had a hard time with yellow. The old one was also limited to 11 mph, now this system can go up to 26 mph and still have success.” explained Jake Ridenour, a Regional Sales Manager for Trimble.
Great features on the Weed Seeker 2 Spot Sprayer include:
- Intelligent sensor
- Reduce herbicide usage by up to 90%
- ISOBUS compatible
- Unbeatable accuracy
- Lightweight sensors and cabling
- Universal mount for easy installation
- Fewer sensors needed with expanded weed detection width
- Weed mapping and section control
- Automatic turn compensation
For more details about the new technology, check out the Trimble website.