Records fell on Friday at the Class 1A girls weightlifting state championship.
Union County’s Mahailya Reeves broke her own state record with a 375-pound bench press to win the unlimited division. Reeves added a 225-pound clean and jerk for a 600-pound total.
She beat Baker County’s NaDesha Davis, who broke a state record of her own with a 275-pound clean and jerk. Davis finished with a 520-pound total.
Clay’s Lindsey Brooks won the 199-pound class, going 185 in the bench, 180 in the clean and jerk for a 365 total.
Suwannee’s Mattilyn Marsee won the 110-pound class with a 290 total (145 pound lifts in each).
1. Mahailya Reeves, Union County, 375/225/600
2. NaDesha Davis, Baker County, 245/275/520
4. Kailah McKean, Clay, 220/205/425
1. Lindsey Brooks, Clay, 185/180/365
2. Courtney Comer, Union County, 190/160/350
4. Marleah Dampier, Fernandina Beach, 170/145/315
5. Lauren Prosuch, Menendez, 150/155/305
2. Tyra Kalandyk, Suwannee, 170/165/335
2. Aysia Hill, Ridgeview, 175/150/325
1. Mattilyn Marsee, Suwannee, 145/145/290
3. Samantha Migliore, Clay, 125/135/260
Copyright 2020 by WJXT News4Jax – All rights reserved.