Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Product Marketing Manager, Technology
NBCUniversal is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager with an expertise in Marketing technology, to join its direct-to-consumer digital video streaming business. This role will work on the Growth Marketing team, reporting to the Product Marketing Director and be responsible for owning the generation of MarTech development requests, including gathering requirements, facilitating business cases and prioritizing the intra-team backlog.
The successful candidate will have a blended background including experience with both the technical integration and strategic application sides of MarTech. They will be detail-oriented and well-organized; a leader who is capable of working across multiple stakeholders to take ambiguous needs and flesh them out with details and structure.
Candidate must have a strong knowledge of the Marketing Technology space with a deep perspective on ideal architecture and tool selection. It is crucial that this candidate is always up-to-date on the latest players in email marketing software, A/B Testing, Attribution and other tools with an opinion on the best tools for the job.
Maintain high-level MarTech roadmap; what is in motion, planned for development, and in the backlog
Own intra-team requirements intake process; maintaining ‘source-of-truth’ backlog of requests for stakeholder reference and planning
Drive monthly backlog reviews, keeping team members apprised of the latest developments and facilitating backlog prioritization
Write and maintain Business Requirements Documents (BRDs); build complete story for a given ask, what the goal is; why it is needed; what are the success requirements and what is the business impact
Organize individual stakeholder meetings for each BRD; source requirements and confirm acceptance of completed documents
Coordinate with Operations and Tech teams throughout development to answer questions and ensure requirements are met
Facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) for new features or platforms; obtain sign-off from primary stakeholder and confirm with tech, prior to launch
Stay up to date on the current marketing technology landscape; make recommendations on how our stack can be improved via new and/or different vendors
• 4+ years marketing technology experience
• Deep understanding of Marketing Technology stack architecture, including interplay between engagement tools, ad serving platforms, and data warehouses
• Experience with core marketing platforms including CMS [Adobe Experience Manager, Acquia Drupal], and CEP [Braze, Adobe], as well as analytics [Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics]• Data management platform experience a plus
• Expertise in requirements gathering; developing Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and identifying use cases
• Proficiency with project management platforms including JIRA, Airtable, & Trello
• Excellent organization and communication/facilitation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
• Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
• Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
• Experience within media entertainment industry a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.