HEALTH LECTURES: The following free programs will be offered at Get Healthy Brooksville, 1254 S Broad St., Brooksville. Reservations are required for both; to RSVP, call (352) 796-9798:
• A digestive health lecture with Brenda Watson will be offered Jan. 28. Refreshments will be at 6 p.m., and the lecture at 6:30 p.m. The lecture is geared for those who suffer from irritable-bowel syndrome, gas and bloating, reflux, constipation or other digestive problems. Watson is the founder of Vital Planet, a company that makes natural health products using natural ingredients. Watson will discuss the digestive system, gut immunity and what one can do to improve overall health.
• A nutritional seminar with Terry Lemerond will be at 6 p.m. Feb. 5. This educational program will discuss the newest research and benefits of some of nature’s most powerful nutrients. Lemerond is president and founder of EuroPharma, manufacturer of the Terry Naturally brand.
DISC MINI WORKSHOP: The Business and Professional Women of Hernando County will host a DiSC Awareness Mini-Workshop at a dinner and meeting at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 28 at The Bistro, 10 N Main St., Brooksville. The program will be presented by Charlotte Edwards of Training Solutions. DiSC is a personal assessment tool that describes an individual’s strengths, weaknesses and personal management preferences. Those wishing to attend should RSVP by Jan. 24 to Amy Bennett at email@example.com. A DiSC personal survey should be printed and completed and brought to the meeting. The cost for the dinner meeting is $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers.
CHAMBER MEETINGS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the following:
• Training Committee meeting, 8 a.m. Jan. 28, at the Chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, Brooksville. Call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
• Ribbon-cutting at Grandpa Stan’s All Natural, noon Jan. 28, 13155 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Stanley Jakubowski, (352) 888-7555.
TALLAHASSEE-BOUND: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce is organizing a Hernando Day at the Capitol for Jan. 29 in Tallahassee. Join community leaders participating in opportunities, including: speakers from the state Senate and House, Florida Chamber and others; visit Florida’s historic capitol; attend House or Senate committee meeting; tour House or Senate chambers and observe sessions. The day includes a luncheon at the Capitol and session updates. The cost is $60 per person, with complimentary chartered bus transportation. Those attending must be 18 or older. The bus departs from the Chamber office at 7 a.m., and departs Tallahassee at 4 p.m. Call the Chamber at (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars. Unless otherwise specified, seminars are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.:
• Search-Engine Optimization, Feb. 4, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Strategic Planning, Feb. 4, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2918 Collier Parkway, Land O’ Lakes.
• Basic QuickBooks, Feb. 5, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Website Creation Made Easy, Feb. 10, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• How to Really Start Your Own Business, Feb. 11, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, Feb. 12, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• How to Value Your Business, Feb. 18, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Launch Your Business with YouTube, Feb. 20, South Holiday Branch Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Results-Based Marketing, Feb. 25, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. Fridays, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Brooksville B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Open to all at no cost. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local — Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Great Life Church, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.