Fines issued against U.S. Steel by Health Department for violations at Clairton Coke Works in 2019


Fines issued against U.S. Steel by Health Department for violations at Clairton Coke Works in 2019

Allegheny Co. Health Department issues fines against U.S. Steel for violations at Clairton Coke Works in 2019

The Allegheny County Health Department has issued fines against U.S. Steel for air pollution control violations and permit violations that occurred at the Clairton Coke Works last year. The Allegheny County Health Department has assessed $743,625 in stipulated penalties. According to a press release, 90 percent of penalties ($669,262.50) will be paid to the Community Benefit Trust for impacted communities while the remaining 10 percent ($74,362.50) will be paid to the Clean Air Fund.”The stipulated penalties were calculated pursuant to the Department’s agreement that was reached with U.S. Steel in June of 2019,” the press release said.The violations occurred in the second and third quarters of 2019. A link to the agreement can be found here.

The Allegheny County Health Department has issued fines against U.S. Steel for air pollution control violations and permit violations that occurred at the Clairton Coke Works last year.

The Allegheny County Health Department has assessed $743,625 in stipulated penalties.

According to a press release, 90 percent of penalties ($669,262.50) will be paid to the Community Benefit Trust for impacted communities while the remaining 10 percent ($74,362.50) will be paid to the Clean Air Fund.

“The stipulated penalties were calculated pursuant to the Department’s agreement that was reached with U.S. Steel in June of 2019,” the press release said.

The violations occurred in the second and third quarters of 2019.

A link to the agreement can be found here.

>
Source link