- Elon Musk posted a cryptic message on Friday — “x is y” — in a reply to a tweet with photos appearing to show his girlfriend, Grimes, with a baby bump.
- It’s not clear what the message means, or whether it could be a confirmation of the pregnancy rumors that have been circulating since Wednesday.
- Neither Musk nor Grimes has commented on the rumors, but there were comments with congratulatory messages from verified accounts on one of Grimes’ Instagram posts.
- Musk also posted a baby emoji on Twitter on Thursday in a reply to a tweet with a GIF of him dancing and the caption “Anyways, here’s Elon Musk dancing to Grimes – Oblivion.”
- See Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As rumors that Grimes is pregnant circulate, Elon Musk sent a cryptic tweet — “x is y” — on Friday in response to photos she posted of herself wearing a top that is open at the front and appears to reveal a baby bump.
Grimes replied to Musk’s message with “Toss a coin to ur Witcher,” a nod to a song from the Netflix TV series “The Witcher.”
—Buff Mage (@elonmusk) January 10, 2020
The rumors have been circulating since Grimes posted a photo on Instagram on Wednesday where she also appears to have a bump.
The original version of the photo was deleted by Instagram because it featured nudity, but an edited version was reuploaded on the same day with the caption “Censored for insta haha – almost got away w it.”
Grimes uploaded another photo on Instagram the next day — a version of the one she posted on Twitter that garnered a response from Musk.
Comments from several verified accounts on that Instagram post, including from the singer Janelle Monae, expressed congratulatory and emotional messages to the singer.
Musk also posted a baby emoji on Thursday in a reply to a tweet with a GIF of him dancing and the caption “Anyways, here’s Elon Musk dancing to Grimes – Oblivion.”
Neither Grimes nor Musk has officially commented on the rumors of Grimes’ pregnancy.