After an off-result for Mikaela Shiffrin in Courchevel, France, the young American returned to the giant slalom in Lienz, Austria ready to show the field what she can do. Shiffrin pushed herself and her skiing to the limit both runs, winning the race by 1.36 seconds, a time that reasserted her dominance and proved that one bad race will not slow her down any time soon. She now trails Federica Brignone in the giant slalom standings by 24 points.
Italy’s Marta Bassino made yet another podium appearance in second, having only stepped onto the podium for the first time in the Killington giant slalom.
Katharina Leinsberger performed well on home soil to take third, her first podium of the year after an equipment debacle almost prevented her from ski racing on the World Cup early on in the season.
Stay tuned for full race coverage.
- Mikaela Shiffrin (USA): 2:07.31
- Marta Bassino (ITA): +1.36
- Katharina Leinsberger (AUT): +1.82
- Federica Brignone (ITA): +1.90
- Petra Vlhova (SVK): +1.93
- Mina Fuerst Holtmann (NOR): +2.07
- Clara Direz (FRA): +2.11
- Tessa Worley (FRA): +2.28
- Alice Robinson (NZL): +2.54
- Sara Hector (SWE): +2.92
For full race results, click here.