21. Boise State (6-1) — Bye week for the Broncos after a 28-25 loss at BYU ended hopes of a Cinderella run to the playoffs. Boise State is still undefeated in conference play a Nov. 23 road trip to Utah State likely deciding the division.
22. Kansas State (5-2) — Of course the Wildcats shoot into the rankings after Saturday afternoon. A signature win against Oklahoma for coach Chris Klieman sees Kansas State go from zero votes to ranked.
23. Wake Forest (6-1) — The Demon Deacons stay put in the top 25 after a bye week. To get back to the rankings, Wake Forest beat Florida State, 22-20, with NC State up next on the schedule.
24. Memphis (7-1) — It truly was a night-time nail biter against Tulsa, but the 42-41 victory on a missed chip shot gets the Tigers back into the rankings thanks to so many other losses from fringe teams. Memphis gets a big spotlight Saturday night against SMU.
25. San Diego State (7-1) — A 20-17 late-night win over UNLV sees the Aztecs take the final spot in the top 25 as Texas drops out of the rankings.
Others Receiving Votes: Texas 49, Navy 43, UCF 33, Washington 19, Texas A&M 14, USC 11, Louisiana Tech 6, Indiana 4, Pittsburgh 1, Oklahoma State 1, Iowa State 1