Food & Drink
Julia Buckley, CNN • Published 23rd October 2019
(CNN) — It’s located in a centuries-old former temple with contemporary sculpture in the central courtyard, and serves European dishes made with local ingredients alongside a 950-strong wine list.
British style: Adam’s Restaurant, in Birmingham, England, was named the 10th best fine dining restaurant in the world by TripAdvisor users. Click through to see the top 10.
The restaurant opened in 2012, and last year made the TripAdvisor list at number 7.
“The idea was to find a place that would really represent the Chinese culture,” Lecleir told CNN in 2018.
“Charismatic GM and former sommelier Ignace Lecleir takes pains to make every guest feel like a VIP, and the regular arrivals of complimentary amuse bouche ensures nobody leaves unsatisfied,” was the verdict.
Best of the rest
For those not on a Michelin-sturdy budget, TripAdvisor has also compiled rankings by country for “everyday dining.”
The world’s best fine dining restaurants, according to TripAdvisor
1. TRB Hutong, Beijing, China
2. Epicure, Paris, France
3. Ristorante Villa Crespi, Orta San Giulio, Italy
4. Restaurante Benazuza, Cancun, Mexico
5. The Jane, Antwerp, Belgium
6. Le Brouillarta, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, France
7. David’s Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand
8. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
9. Aramburu, Buenos Aires, Argentina
10. Adam’s, Birmingham, United Kingdom