Attend Live or Online!
October 23, 2019
9:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific
Town & Gown Ballroom, USC Campus – 665 Exposition Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Register to Attend
Access the Violence and Health issue
Join us in Los Angeles for a forum on Violence & Health – subject matter covered in the October Health Affairs issue. View Table of Contents
The forum will feature authors from a select group of studies contained in the issue, as well as community leaders, policy makers and residents who are developing and deploying strategies for combating violence in their daily lives:
- Raymond Baxter, President and CEO, Blue Shield of California Foundation
- Judy Belk, President and CEO, California Wellness Foundation
- Genevieve Flores-Haro, Associate Director, Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project
- Sandra Henriquez, CEO, CalCASA (California Coalition Against Sexual Assault)
- Hannah Laqueur, Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, University of California, Davis, on “Alcohol-Related Crimes And Risk Of Arrest For Intimate Partner Violence Among California Handgun Purchasers”
- Robert Riewerts, Chair, Care Delivery Workgroup, Kaiser Permanente Task Force on Firearm Injury Prevention
- Anne Tremblay, Director, Gang Reduction & Youth Development (GRYD), Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti, City of Los Angeles
- Elizabeth Tung, Instructor of Medicine, University of Chicago School of Medicine, on “Social Isolation, Loneliness, And Violence Exposure In Urban Adults” and “Keeping Your Guard Up: Hypervigilance Among Urban Residents Affected By Community And Police Violence”
- Briana Woods-Jaeger, Assistant Professor, Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University, on “Mitigating Negative Consequences Of Community Violence Exposure: Perspectives From African American Youth”
*Additional speakers to be announced.
Get event-specific emails delivered directly to your inbox.