This is the time of the year when everyone is looking for and can use good tips to prevent those dreaded holiday fat and weight gains…
So I am writing five ways to lose those “love handles” for you.
1) Avoid all fluids that have calories with the exception of the after workout drinks of course.
That means chuck all sodas, fruit juices, and sugary sports drinks in the garbage cans. All of those drinks just mentioned have lots of sugar, which can ONLY make cause your body to store fat…, which is exactly the opposite of what you are trying to do. So throw all that junk in the trashcan…
But what about alcohol? Are you joking? Most mixed alcoholic drinks have sugar in them! Limit your drinks or avoid them altogether. The real question here is do you want to lose or prevent weight gain or do you want to enjoy your holiday with wild abandon and then hate yourself come January? Yeah right, just junk those liquids, you’ll thank yourself later.
2) No more runs to Taco Bell, McDonald’s or any of the other fast food joints in town. Enormous corporations that are only concerned with the bottom line usually run those loosely called restaurants. They make foods that you crave and willing to pay for. Notice that I didn’t say these fast food places put any consideration whether or not the food is actually healthy for you!
The quality of the grub is really, really horrible. No joking here. You are NOT going to get lean and slim if you eat one of those fat burgers. And forget about those feel-good menus. It is a bunch of bull that you can find healthy choices at the fast food joints. It is still fast food and still is a very poor choice for you.
Bottom line, take the time to go to the grocery store and get the fresh produce and learn how to cook it yourself. Sure you are busy but does that mean your body has to suffer? Heck no! Start small and work your way through the whole day and make a life long commitment to learning how to prepare and cook your own food. Just say no to the instant crappy food culture that is so prevalent in our modern world and face it, pretty soon, over 75% of adults are going to be overweight or obese. Don’t be one of them! Start today and just make it part of your lifestyle.
3) Mom is right. Eat more of those fresh fruits and vegetables. If you are eating some, try to eat more because not only these are healthy choices, they “fill” you up so you won’t be craving junk foods later on at night.
Another benefit from eating healthy is you become more alert and awake during the day and your boss won’t be “catching” you nodding off at the department meetings anymore. 🙂
4) Eat nuts. Dry roasted Almonds and Walnuts are excellent sources of proteins and “good fats.” Try to eat one ounce in the morning and one ounce during the afternoon. Another benefit is that they are appetite suppressors.
5) Develop a steady and easy to follow exercise or workout program. Try to make it fun and make sure it does what it is supposed to do — exercise your major body muscles to burn calories and exercise the heart.
I am going to leave the training times to you. It really isn’t important when you train but that you DO train periodically.
And here is an extra special tip for you…
Studies have shown that when you regularly go for a walk after big meals, it help your body regulate its internal mechanism and control weight gains which is exactly what you want!
So do this every single day when you can and I’m sure you will notice the results…