While eating healthy and slipping in the right amount of exercise does take some work, it doesn't really mean you have to put in a heroic effort. If you had enough of fad diets, its time you hopped off the bandwagon and followed real weight loss tips.
Celebrity weight loss usually includes private chefs, trainers, and nannies but successful long term weight loss in the real world is often stressed and overworked. According to food scientist, the biggest problem with the existing model of weight loss is that it is just too simplistic. It only talks about weighing in the calories but it's much deeper than that. In order to lose weight and keep it off permanently, a few lifestyle changes will do the trick. Ahead are a few tips that will help you lose weight without sweating it out too much.
1. Eat more, not less – Instead of following fad diets which ask you to count calories, eat less and exercise more, they are all doing it wrong! Instead of subtracting foods from your diet, add healthy foods that you really enjoy eating. Taking away foods never works but adding foods to your diet always makes for an effective weight loss diet.
2. Enjoy your workouts – If every time the word exercise inspires you to come up with a thousand creative excuses, then don't do it. But, find another fun way of burning calories and invigorating muscles by dancing, hiking, playing sport or just doing an activity of your choice. Exercise is not restricted to the treadmill or the cross trainer. It can be any form of physical exercise.
3. Walk the line – Another fat burning tip and a super way to remain fit is to walk. Walking when the weather is nice usually helps you keep the extra weight off. Brisk walking helps even if it is only for a couple of minutes.
4. Take the stairs – Taking the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator builds stamina and is a good way to get your heart rate up. Take the stairs when going to the gym. It serves as a good warm up exercise.
5. Window shopping helps reduce weight – On weekends, just hit the mall and go window shopping. Make sure to not carry too much money if you are a spend thrift. Make sure it's a large mall and you cover all the levels and not just the food court!
6. Snack smartly – A natural weight loss tip is to eat between meals and satisfy a craving with healthy grub than ignore it and risk a junk-food binge. Eat snacks filled with protein and not carbohydrates.
7. Check your weight daily – An effective weight loss tip is to step on the scale daily to check your weight so you know what you should eat and not eat.
8. Sleep well – Did you know that sleep also helps with weight loss? Getting a good night's sleep will lessen fatigue and stress which are major reasons for weight gain.
9. A big balanced breakfast – Eat a healthy and nutritious breakfast filled with mostly carbohydrates and protein.
10. Keep off the sugar – Diet should be filled with healthy drinks. Keep off drinks with calories like juice, lemonade, and any sort of alcohol. Two glasses of wine in a week can be included.
These tips are easier to follow and whenever you feel your willpower break, conjure up a mental image of yourself when you looked and felt slim. This will help you in achieving your goal weight easily!