The story of Ezekiel Elliott’s incident in Las Vegas earlier this offseason continues.
According to Enzo Marino of Fox 5 Las Vegas (KVVU-TV), EDC security guard Kyle Johnson has pressed charges with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department against the Cowboys running back following the alleged assault that took place May 19 in which Elliott appeared to bump Johnson backward into a metal fence.
Earlier this month, the NFL announced that Elliott would not be punished for the incident following a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York.
“To just not have anything happen to him, the NFL is basically saying, ‘Hey, it’s OK for you to go to Vegas, get obliterated, then go shove people over fences,'” Johnson told Marino.
According to the report, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police will investigate and determine if official charges are warranted.
Elliott’s lawyers released a statement Saturday evening to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
The statement read: “Over the course of the past several weeks, Mr. Elliott has been the target of extortion. Kyle Johnson’s filing of a criminal complaint against Mr. Elliott in connection with the Las Vegas incident is the latest attempt to do so. Mr. Elliott and his team are in contact with all of the proper authorities and are fully cooperating with them in their investigations.”
Elliott was handcuffed and briefly detained by police around 3 a.m. May 19 at the Electric Daisy Carnival. Elliott, according to video footage posted on the TMZ Sports website, was in a discussion with a woman TMZ identified as his girlfriend, who Elliott followed around the festival grounds. He was with the woman when he asked a security staffer, “You got something to say?” Elliott came chest-to-chest with the man, later identified as 19-year-old Johnson, and appeared to bump him backward and into a metal gate.
Elliott was released after Johnson declined to press charges.
After what Johnson described as an ‘unempathetic’ attempt at a sincere apology, he changed course and decided to press charges on Friday.
Elliott issued an apology June 2 for his role in the early morning altercation, vowing to work harder to avoid compromising situations.
“I’ve worked hard to make better decisions and to live up to the high standards that are expected of me. I failed to do that here and I made a poor decision,” Elliott said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.
“I apologized to Kyle Johnson at the time and I meant it.”
It was the first time Elliott had addressed the Vegas incident, which dimmed an otherwise positive offseason for the two-time Pro Bowler.
This Topic is Missing Your Voice.