Troyes is a beautiful city renowned for its chocolates, wines and beauty. It is the capital of Aube department in north central France, the fascinating city is located on river Seine.Visiting Troyes can be a perfect idea for a short break. It is an ancient city which date backs to Roman times. The city is located at a distance of 150 km southeast of Paris. The inhabitants of Troyes are known as Troyens.
The first thing that will strike you will be the stunning picturesque views of this beautiful city. Beside this Troyes homes many attractions and sightseeing spots for its visitors. The timber houses of the city are a striking place to visit. The city is a must visit for art and architecture lovers. The city homes lot of interesting activities for its visitors ranging from its architecture, incredible churches, astonishing museums, lush green parks, historical monuments plus much more, which you need to discover yourself.
Here is a list of some of the top attractions of the beautiful city -;
• Cathedrale St Pierre St Paul is an remarkable piece of architectural work. The architecture of this monument showcases the culture, tradition and affluent past of Troyes.
• Musee D;art Moderne is a famous gallery, that homes some world class paintings of renowned artists, undoubtedly a must visit for art lovers. Similarly Musee St. Loup is also a good place, holds periodic exhibitions that always attract art lovers.
• Hotel de Vauluisant: – It is an eminent museum which houses collection from history.
• For shoppers Marques city is a wonderland since it is a factory outlet which offers good variety things on low prices.
• Eglise ste-Madeleine a religious site with attractive architecture is also a good place to visit.
Accommodations options in Troyes -hotels and resorts
The city homes bountiful of good accommodation options that includes hotels and Resorts. Some of the best places to stay in the charming city includes properties like Mercure Troyes Centre,Le Maison de Rhodes, Clarion Collection Hotel, Relais St Jean, Les Comtes De Champagne, Le Royal Hotel and many others.
Nightlife in Troyes
Once the sun goes down, Troyes still has lot to offer ranging from lively discos, outstanding bars and pubs, restaurants serving delicious food and much more. Some of the good places that you can hit at night are Bar Le saint Remy, Famous cafe, L’Odyssee, Ies Antilles Vaval club and many other.
Getting there by Eurostar
The best way to reach this beautiful city from united Kingdom is Eurostar Network. From London you can catch a high speed and surprisingly comfortable Eurostar from St Pancras International Station to Paris and from Paris you just need to make a simple change to Troyes.