Beautiful sun kissed beaches, splendid scenic beauty, delicious cuisines, and amazing night life. Spain has it all. Here are seven holiday destinations which are a must visit in Spain.
1. Costa Brava- Costa Brava has always been a prominently place for holiday through the year. The coastline extends from Port Bou to Blanes. The place has soaring cliffs, abundant vegetation, beautiful villas, sun kissed beaches and hidden bays, which are only accessible through boat. The top places include Chichi Begur, Cadaques and Port Lligat. Port Lligat is famous for Salvador Dali and his wife Gala, as they once lived and worked. If culture and archeology interests you, then Ampurias or Empúries is a must visit.
2. Santiago de Compostela- This is the capital city of the Galicia region in the north western part of Spain. Also known for its traditional pilgrimage, the place is also known as Camino de Santiago. The pilgrimage is important to many Christians as St James was buried. The city captivates the attention of people across the globe. From its illustrious history or rich culture, the city has so much to offer. Praza do Obradoiro is the arriving point for pilgrims. Santiago Cathedral is also an important landmark, as it situated in the heart of the city.
3. Barcelona – The capital city of Catalonia, this cosmopolitan city located on the Mediterranean coast has both a historical background seamed effortlessly with modern city life. The Antoni Gaudi's unfinished cathedral La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell is a must visit. The city is well-fed, both historically and culturally. Barcelona has a number of bars, great shops, also amazing clubs. One should also check friendly seaside resort of Sitges, a car ride to the National Park of Montserrat, which offers, hiking, climbing and a monastery with a beautiful panoramic view.
4. Madrid-Situated in the middle of Spain, the city is more than two million years old, since the stone age. While most of the tourists visit Madrid because of its laid back beaches, it has so much more. The city offers some of the world's best museums, restaurants, vibrant night life, mouth watering delicacies, and also a large number of pedestrian shops to offer the true essence of Spain. The historic old town, Madrid los Austrians, is a must visit. Today Madrid stands for its art and culture, with over seventy museums including the famous Prado Museum, the Reina Sofia National Art Center also the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
5. Valencia- Valencia is one of the largest cities in Spain. The city is located in the eastern part of the country in the region of Valencia. The city is well constructed with substantive cultural as well as entertainment complex, known as the "City Of Art and Science". There are several science museum, aquarium, planetarium. Valencia hosts the Fallas Festival every March. It should be on every tourist's bucket list.
6. Seville- Buzzing night life, refreshing atmosphere, and beautiful tourist attraction, Seville tops the list of cities in Spain you must visit. The city is both the cultural and financial capital of Andalusia. A beautiful place with relevant historic landmarks, important most being the grand Cathedral of Seville. The Cathedral of Seville is a major tourist attraction, as it is believed to be the burial place of Christopher Columbus. The Real Alcazar, is yet another exorbitant place with luxurious garden.
7. Granada- The capital of Granada Province, the city is placed to the south of Seirra Nevada. Granada is the perfect mixture of culture, tradition with an extravagant night life and beautiful scenic beauty. Granada has great architectural sight, with visitors coming across the globe mainly to experience Alhambra. The precedent Moorish grip in Europe, the Alhambra offers its visitor marvellous ornamental architecture, splendid scenic beauty along with spectacular lush garden and breath taking views of the city below.
Spain is synonymous with modern experience inter-weaved perfectly with its grand history and culture. Every city in Spain is an experience in itself. Happy Holidays!